Jasper Family Law Attorney
The saddest legal problems I deal with involve family matters. I strive to handle divorce and other family issues with sensitivity to the pain surrounding them.
Knowledgeable Dubois County Divorce Attorney
- Divorce: I have helped hundreds of individuals through the divorce process. My office handles both contested and uncontested situations.
- Child custody and visitation: I take a thoughtful approach to creating a parenting plan that is rooted in the child’s best interests.
- Child support: Calculating child support is a complex process based on many different factors. Hiring a qualified, experienced lawyer is the best way to fashion a fair plan of support.
- Spousal maintenance or alimony: It is not automatic in Indiana. Support must be predicated on a series of variables.
- Property division: This can be the most contentious part of a divorce.
- Post-decree modifications: When your life changes, original divorce decrees become obsolete. My firm can help you to modify an existing child custody, visitation or child support order.
Jasper Family Law Attorney Addresses All These Issues
- Adoption: I work with all sorts of adoptions, from contested to uncontested.
- Paternity: I represent both sides in this issue: mothers seeking to establish the father’s responsibilities, and fathers seeking access to their own child.
- Grandparent visitation: I help grandparents, stepparents and other third parties assert visitation and custody claims, sometimes including adoption.
- Guardianships: When a child’s parents are unable to properly care for a child, my office is available to grandparents, aunts, uncles and other family members in obtaining guardianship of the child.
- Orders for protection: When the threat of family violence exists, I can step in to protect the home.
- CHINS (Child In Need of Services): Family law includes identifying and assisting children who are at risk in their homes.
Have Questions About Family Law? Call For Answers And Compassionate Representation.
The law office of Timothy Demotte, Attorney at Law, is located at 714 Main Street in Jasper, two blocks from the Dubois County Courthouse. I am available weekdays during business hours, and evenings and weekends by appointment.